Dark chocolate truffles
1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips (60% cacao)
1 cup heavy cream
3 tbs unsalted butter
3-4 tbs liquor of your choice (I suggest rum or amaretto)
1. Simmer heavy cream in sauce pot, keep an eye so it doesn't boil over.
2. Add liquor of your choice, taste it, add more liquor if you want to sharpen the taste.
3. Cut unsalted butter, and mix with chocolate chips.
4. Pour simmered cream onto the mixture of chips and butter and stir until chocolate chips and butter are dissolved and the color is glossy. At this point, if you want to add nuts/raisins, do so.
5. Let cool, then chill overnight.
6. The next day use melon baller/scooper to make truffle balls. Dust with cocoa powder or coat in chocolate.
1. It will be messy, so, don't be discouraged.
2. The whipped white chocolate is a little too sweet for my taste, so pair it with something less sweet.